Long Time, No Post

Hello...it's me
I was wondering if after all this time

You'd like to read
To go over... everything
They say that writin's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much writin'

With all the Adele's Hello parodies, I just couldn't resist! By the way, here is the link to my favorite one.

But seriously, I've missed writing here. So much has happened and is still happening. I actually debated between writing this post and writing out a to-do list for today. It's been hectic. It's been hard. But I'm still here. 

But today what I want to talk about is when you find yourself in an less-than-ideal situation. When things aren't going to plan, it can be so frustrating. I mean you are a planner, it's what you do but we can't always plan for the unexpected. You've been steadily paddling along and then you look up and notice something isn't right. You pull out your map and realize you've drifted off course. And what's worse, now you are lost. What to do then? Do you plot a new course or lose time by backtracking? I'm not sure of that answer yet. My guess is that it depends on the circumstances. But over the last two years I've learned what you do not do. You don't say woe is me and stick your head in the sand. You don't sacrifice your values to take the easy way out. You don't put all the blame of your circumstances on others. Those are just some of the things I've found a person shouldn't do. Of course, after 25 years of life, I'm still as lost as the next gal. But I do know whether your enemy• is the river, the map or even yourself... You should fight.

With that being said, I leave you with some silly pics of how to maintain your flat-ironed/blown-out/roller-set hairstyle. Enjoy!


*Jumbo Pin-Curls/Bantu Knots*




*Spiral Curls w/Flex Rods*



*The Old Faithful Wrap*

•In this instance: the person, circumstance or object that is robbing you of your self-worth, your joy and inner peace+. 

+Fighting for peace will be discussed in an upcoming post... So stay tuned :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair