February's New Year


So I got this idea in January that I'd begin my 2016 year on February 1st. I'm not sure if the idea came from my job (the fiscal year) or what. But I will say it worked out pretty well and here's why: 

You warm up to the new year and avoid getting a life cramp. Yes, life cramps are as painful as they sound*. So the ball drops and you are off! But if you haven't taken the time to 1.) train for the event and 2.) warm up before the event^. Chances are you won't finish in first place or at all. 

So in order to avoid the dreaded life cramps, I've designated January as my goal planning month. I mean in November and December, I've already figured out what I want my new year to be like. But there can be a huge disconnect between wanting to spend less money and having a game plan for how you'll stick to your budget. 

So I'll keep y'all posted through 2016 to see if my "February New Year" plan is as beneficial as I hope :)

*It's whenever you are making a drastic change and you go in full force (and sometimes haven't sat down to count the costs). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair

The Meaning of LeLola

B Belly Confessions