Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair
It has always been my goal to encourage others, whether by my story or sharing someone else’s. But in order to inspire, I feel you have to be totally honest about the lows to truly appreciate the highs. In the past, I’ve talked about some of my health issues but I never really delved into my anxiety and depression. Figuring out which came first has been a “Chicken & Egg” discussion among my mental health team for years. My psychologist told me the anxiety triggered the depression. My psychiatrist (at the time) felt my depression medications were the cause of my rampant anxiety. But one thing was agreed on: my frequent shifts between anxiety and depression mimic the symptoms of someone with bipolar disorder. So I spend most of my time strapped to a continuous emotional roller coaster. Wintertime proves to be the worst for my depression for several reasons (cold weather, increased fibromyalgia pain, lack of vitamin D etc.) but I always hold out for the next season. Spring...
Comments
Post a Comment