The Meaning of LeLola

乐Lola
Most of you already know that I named my hair LeLola but I just wanted to take a second to explain the name. Le (乐) comes from the Chinese* word XǐLè (喜乐 pronounced: SheLuh), meaning Joy. Lola is derived from the Spanish name Dolores, meaning Sorrows. So, LeLola literally means "Joys and Sorrows", which explains my hair perfectly : )

*I have been studying Mandarin Chinese for five years.

+This information came from MDBG Chinese-English Dictionary and BabyNames.com.

Comments

  1. Excellent article. I'm sure the post will be good, and I'm astonished you wrote it, man! Excellent work, and please keep it up! I couldn't agree more, and I've saved this to Pocket as well! Keep it up, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Name Is a Aiesh And I Am From Turkey i Just Read This Blog
    Very Good Blog Amazing Look And Informative look like A Professional Blog.
    Ertugrul Ghazi

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair