I Got That Power

The moment you all have been waiting for: my first post on exercising!


What have I been doing?
I have been exercising regularly since the second week in March. I have worked my way up to a least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
My Format:

For the aerobic section, I either do walking or dancing. My goal is to start adding strength training into my routine by next week.

The Challenges?
The #1 challenge I face when it comes to exercising is being consistent.  This is a two-fold problem for me:

      1.)    I need motivation! The Nexercise App gives me just that. First off, it is free to download (check). You can track your activity by having it in your pocket or arm band during exercise or by adding it later (check).  It even has a GPS feature that can tell you how many miles you have walked or jogged.  Last but certainly not least, you earn coupons and points (which can add up to free stuff) for exercising (double check!).

      2.)    It hurts! I often slack off from working out again because I get caught up in dealing with the pain afterwards. I have Fibromyalgia-so there is no doubt that I will experience pain. But what I found helps tremendously is thoroughly stretching before and after workouts, as well as taking about 10 minutes each day to stretch. In another post, I will have to tell you guys about some of my faves. Another thing I have to be careful about is the intensity and frequency of my workouts.         

The Benefits?
There are so many that we read about (that I am sure are happening) but today I want to just focus on the ones I can see: I am sleeping better. I have more stamina. I now look forward to working out because afterward I feel like I am 10 feet off the ground. I am losing more weight faster (an extra ¼ to ½ lb. per week- is nothing to sneeze at!).  And My calves are Rock Stars! I may actually name them soon.

My Top Workout Songs:
Whether I am walking, dancing or stretching, I have to have my tunes. So here are my top Exercise/Motivational songs for March & April:

#thatPOWER- Will.i.am featuring Justin Bieber
Both of Us- B.o.b featuring Taylor Swift
People Like Us- Kelly Clarkson
Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit)- Swedish House Mafia
Wings- Little Mix

My New Fave Snacks:
Also this past weekend I discovered two new snacks that I just absolutely love and what to share with you all:

Nutella & Go!- Hazelnut Spread + Breadsticks
*Available at WalMart






Food Lion's Kiwi Strawberry (and other flavors) CHILL-Flavored Sparkling Water 
*Food Lion's verison of The Sparkling ICE drinks






I would love to hear about y'alls workout routines! Please comment below! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair