Truths


I have struggled against depression for a large portion of my life. I actually don't remember how or when it started. It was a lot like a dream, where you don't know how you got there but now you on stage being sawed in half by a magician.
I have come a long way in my depression story but sometimes I just feel sad. My heart aches and I scramble to assign an explanation. I do a well-being inspection: am I getting enough sleep, am I taking my meds regularly, am I eating enough and healthy,  am I keeping up with my spiritual routine,  am I giving back to my community, am I practicing self-love,  am I dehydrated, am I sick,  am I spending enough time with positive friends and family, am I excerising enough, am I spending enough time in the sunlight...?
But sometimes I am doing all those things AND I am still down.
It's apart of the 10%, you know the percentage of your life you have no control over. But why miss out on the other 90% worrying about the 10% chance of bad weather?
If I can dance in the rain then I know I will survive this <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair