LeLola Got A (Temporary) New Attitude!

Sorry, it has been a busy few days.

I wanted to tell you that I had a good experience getting my hair straightened. Like I mentioned before, I hadn't had my hair flat-ironed in a long time. Partly because I was afraid of heat damage and also because last time I had it done, I was in tears! The tugging of my roots and heat "burning" my scalp was more then I could handle. This time I found someone who specializes in blowouts and straightening natural hair. Now with kinks like mine, I figured there would still be some discomfort, so I took some ibprouefen before the three-hour process started.
Yes, three hours!

Shampoo
Deep Conditioning
Drying and detangling with blow dryer
Dry roots (my hair is very absorbent/porous)
Separate hair into small sections and flat- iron
Trim ends
Bump the ends of my hair
Admire my new do

People have been telling me that this is such a great look for me and I should keep getting my hair straighten. Even though I appreciate the compliments, my answer is always: "I don't think so." Why? Because as you saw in the the pictures my hair has really grown. I consider this to be long. In fact, my hair hasn't been this long since I was in elementary school (a thousand years ago ☺). How was my hair been able to grow so long this time, while all other attempts have failed? Because this time I've kept using heat and chemicals (I do get my hair colored once a year) to a minimum. This has allowed my hair to thrive...to grow. Plus, I love my curly kinks! So even though, I am enjoying the feeling of being able to feel my scalp and my hair actually moving, I will not be making an habit of getting my hair straightened often.

P.S. LeLola and I have tried the no chemicals but getting her straightened once to twice every two weeks. We looked good for a while but soon the constant exposure to heat just didn't agree with us. She would be extremely dry and eventually began to break off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair