Nifty Neem Oil

Neem oil is a wonderful asset to your hair and skin. It comes from the neem tree, which is found in many parts of India. The neem tree has antiviral, antihistamine, antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties.  No wonder the United Nations has declared it the “Tree of the 21st Century”.  Personally, I love neem oil. I use it in my deep conditioning mix, as a pre-poo, and sometimes I even use a neem shampoo (when my hair needs extra TLC). Note: Because of its pungent smell, I would not recommend using it daily by itself. For the first 6 months of going natural, I used it to treat my severe dandruff (which is no longer a problem). The night before wash day, I would massage the oil into my scalp and put a plastic cap on my head. Then in the morning, wash as usual. It’s said that neem oil also stimulates the scalp, promoting hair growth. Neem oil has even helped me with my eczema when I am unable to get my prescribed cream refilled. So where can you can you get this “miracle” oil? Try Amazon.com, a local Indian grocery store, or try my fave: neemtreefarms.com. They have tons of different products made from neem, including shampoo, toothpaste and pet items. Everything is reasonably priced and they usually ship items out right away.

Some info from this post came from:
"SOME SWEET FACTS ABOUT THE BITTER NEEM." Facts For You 1 June 2013. General OneFile. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair