The Skinny on Circuit Training

So about a month ago, I started doing this body weight circuit training routine. I knew I needed to incorporate a full-body workout into my exercise routine. I chose this over a kettlebell workout because I already had all the necessary equipment. I have now worked my way up to doing all three circuits (yes, it took me that long) with a 3 minute jog to warm-up. I have a love/hate relationship with this workout. I love that I can do it in about 20 minutes and it's strength-training and a cardio workout! However, it is definitely a challenge. Once you've completed it, you feel like you've had your butt kicked. But the saying goes: "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you". And I love the results. The squats and lunges have made my legs stronger, which is great for running. The plank variations really work your core and my arms need all the help they can get with those push-ups lol.

AM's Body Weight Circuit Training:
20 squats
20 lunges
10 push-ups
10 top of push-up plank chest touches or hand out (like the picture)
10 elbow side planks
25 jumping jacks
*Rest 2 minutes
*You have completed circuit 1
*Repeat 2 more times

The goal for this week: Complete 2 sessions of circuit training and two sessions of jogging. 
I am already half way there, so we shall see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair