2014 Here I Come

2014 is less then 24 hours away. I leave for Argentina in about a week. So, I can't help but think: "What have I done this year?" This year has been filled with so many accomplishments. I was able to prove the self-doubting side of me wrong on a daily basis. I set long-term goals and then followed through by reaching short-term goals. I'm healthier, I lost weight, my Mandarin Chinese has improved tremendously, I was able to get back to participating full-time in my Bible ministry... And I am going to Argentina for a few weeks to teach Chinese people about the Bible. That prospect is both thrilling and nerve-wrecking but this is what all the preparation has been for. That is why I decided to finally be more conscience about what I eat and more active. That is why I have been learning Chinese for years. It is now or never. But I guess what's even more scary then traveling to another continent is what happens afterward. When I get back home, what will my new goals be? Where do I want to go? Who do I want to be? Truthfully, I never thought I'd make it this far so soon. I've always had this plan, this goal. Get healthy, learn Chinese, do a temporary foreign ministry assignment. Year after year, that's been the plan. But now that plan is becoming a reality. So, I guess in 2014 I'll be answering the question: "What's Next?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair