Face the Fear

Looking back at my twenty-something years of existence, I realize I’ve spent a large amount of my life being afraid. And the majority of the time, I’ve let these fears disable me. “What if everyone hates me? What if I’m not strong enough? What if I get hurt? What if I fail?"
Sometimes I imagine what my life would be like if I was just a little more fearless. Where would I be if I was a little bolder? It’s fascinating some of the dreams I’ve come up with. Then I resolve that I am going to change, that I’ll take more chances. But all my newfound boldness slips away just as swiftly as it came. I remember that I am me: the girl who is afraid of everything, who dreads change and who frets over every possible outcome. That’s me and I feel I can never be fearless. 
But now, I’m starting to see things a little differently. Maybe I’ll never get over my fears completely but I can defy them. With each step I can prove to my doubting-self, that I am strong enough (even if sometimes it’s only the strength I receive from others)...That I am good enough (even if it’s sometimes only the goodness I radiate from others). And because I stare my fears in the face every day but never back down. I am brave. This is the pep talk; I give myself every morning. Until one morning, I’ll just wake up believing it and I’ll spend my day living it.
That, my friends, is one of my goals for 2014. There are definitely more to come, so keep posted…
And please share your 2014 goals down below.
Love,
AM

P.S. I think the saying below is awesomely empowering. Just wanted to share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair