Happy 2nd Anniversary LeLola!!!

First, let me say that I have been having so much fun with my Hairaversary that I have decided to extend it by a week or two ; )

Wow! I have been natural for two whole years. When straightened, my hair length is past my shoulders (it hasn’t been that long since when I first started getting relaxers). Now, LeLola actually falls down (when I do a twist or flat twist –out) instead of the gravity-defying look I rocked for a year. I love that I my hair is always changing and the available styles keep growing.  Yes, there are times when I would rather clean the house then wash and style my hair lol. I admit I am not as obsessed with my hair as I used to be but that is perfectly fine. Wasn’t that my purpose all along?...To find balance in my life? I still love my hair and I am so happy that 2 ½ years ago I decided to go natural again. I have learned so much about what makes hair healthy. All before I felt like my hair was just an inconvenience. Now, I know my hair is one of my most valued assets. It allows me to express myself in ways where mere words fail. It says “I’m bold, strong and courageous!”. Because of my hair, I don’t fear the rain or working out. Because of my hair, I started this blog. Because of my hair, I have been able to meet and learn from a vast, strong, positive community of women. I am eager to see where my hair and my healthy lifestyle take me next : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair