Do The Faux-Hawk!

Since before I went natural, I have absolutely loved the Faux-Hawk look. After I big chopped, I patiently told myself that one day I too would be able to rock that look. Sadly, when my hair did grow long enough, it had become much too thick for bobby pins to make LeLola defy gravity in that way. I was heartbroken but I've also kept an eye out for the required hair accessories for the job. This weekend, I picked up these Scrunci Grip Barretts from CVS for about $5. I was skeptical but also kinda desperate. So I tried them...

And TADA! They actually work! They are definitely heavy duty but were gentle on my hair. I will say they are kinda hard to put on and take off. But, to me, that just means they are gonna hold my hair and NOT go anywhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair