I Did It! - 5k Training

For the first time ever, I walk/jogged 5 kilometers (a little over 3 miles)! And get this: I did it in under 55 minutes! I really can't believe it! I'll be attempting this again on next Saturday... My first 5k!!!

So some details: 
I alternated between walking and jogging. 
I sort stuck with my 5 minutes/2 minutes pattern for about the first 35 minutes but then I speed walked for the next 20 or so minutes. Then ran the last minute. The most difficult part was the heartburn (I have problems with this anyway but it seems like every time I jog I have a major heartburn episode).

I'm at a hotel (yes, I'm out of town again) so I work outed on this amazing treadmill. I mean it did all the normal things (mileage, pace, calories burned, heart rate) but it also had a tv built in!

Confession: It was a dream come true! I got to do a 5k, in the air conditioning, while reading subtitles of morning talk shows and listening to my motivational music mix. 
They only thing that could have made it even better would be a blueberry muffin afterward.
Tada! Must have been from the Workout Fairy lol

So while I'm on the subject, what are your perfect workout conditions? Please share below : )

Update:
The past couple of days after finishing that 5k workout have been hard. My legs, thighs, ankles and knees have, as expected, been almost unbearably sore. I really believe the only reason I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation was: ibuprofen, ice packs, deep stretches and menthol rub. But I haven't let the pain slow me down. My next jog day is tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair