New You Challenge Wrap-up

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to to let you know about how my End of Challenge went and my results!

At the end of the 6 week challenge (last week) I had to complete:
200m jog
21 squats
21 sit-ups
21 kettlebell swings (15lbs)
15 squats
15 sit-ups
15 kettlebell swings
9 squats
9 sit-ups
9 kettlebell swings
200m jog

This is the same workout I did the first day of the challenge. It took me 25 mins and 37 secs. Honestly it was not pretty. There was hyperventilating, crying and one time I even left the workout space. Coach David was amazing though! He talked me through the whole thing,  motivating me to not give up on myself. The whole class actually jogged my last 200m with me (again!) even though they had already finished up way before me.

Fast forward to last week,  I was a little surprised because they actually had me do the End of Challenge workout that Thursday instead of Friday. I had not been in the gym physically all that week due to having a serious case of pink eye. But I wasn't going to let this WOD (workout of day) beat me. I had showed over and over again that I was stronger than I ever imagined, mentally. And over those 6 weeks, I had grown stronger physically as well. I finished the workout in 12 mins and 10 secs (cutting my time in more than half)! I have also lost several inches and 13lbs.

I am so proud of myself for sticking with it even when things seemed impossible. And if you are facing a seemingly insurmountable challenge in your life remember: "I Can't" actually stands for "I Can Do It".

Love all of y'all! Thank you for taking this journey with me but this is just the beginning...  More Awesomeness to Come :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair