Confession Time:

Ok, so here goes… I went to a Mexican restaurant last weekend. I realize now that I haven’t been to one since I joined WW (5 or so months ago). In my defense, I thought I was making a good choice by picking the vegetarian platter, I wasn’t able to confirm that before I ordered with my phone, like I usually do (because of no signal) and I was also very hungry. All of this equaled a meal disaster. According to my estimates, I ate double my day’s allowance of points in one meal!!! That is officially the worst I have ever done since I started losing weight this winter! How could this happen? Well, first I was hungry, so I tried to fill up on the unlimited tortilla chips on the table. Second, I shouldn’t have ordered a platter which included a mixture of things.  Third, I didn’t take into account how much fat (from the cheese) and carbs (from the tortillas) the meal contained. Fourth, I shouldn’t have gotten dessert. In retrospect:
  1.  I should have ordered a salad without cheese as an appetizer to put a dent in my hunger instead of tortilla chips.
  2.  I should have ordered just one of something, rather than an assortment. You are more likely to stop eating when full this way.
  3. I should have ordered something like a taco salad with no meat (or no cheese). This would have been so much healthier.
  4. I should have swapped dessert at the restaurant for some strawberries and whipped cream at home.

Well, next time I promise I will do better. But I am proud that I didn’t let this set-back discourage me. I got back on track and even still loss half a pound for the week!

We all have our moments. I would like to hear from you on how you fight the temptation and make healthy choices when dining out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair

The Meaning of LeLola

B Belly Confessions