Confession Time:

Ok, so here goes… I went to a Mexican restaurant last weekend. I realize now that I haven’t been to one since I joined WW (5 or so months ago). In my defense, I thought I was making a good choice by picking the vegetarian platter, I wasn’t able to confirm that before I ordered with my phone, like I usually do (because of no signal) and I was also very hungry. All of this equaled a meal disaster. According to my estimates, I ate double my day’s allowance of points in one meal!!! That is officially the worst I have ever done since I started losing weight this winter! How could this happen? Well, first I was hungry, so I tried to fill up on the unlimited tortilla chips on the table. Second, I shouldn’t have ordered a platter which included a mixture of things.  Third, I didn’t take into account how much fat (from the cheese) and carbs (from the tortillas) the meal contained. Fourth, I shouldn’t have gotten dessert. In retrospect:
  1.  I should have ordered a salad without cheese as an appetizer to put a dent in my hunger instead of tortilla chips.
  2.  I should have ordered just one of something, rather than an assortment. You are more likely to stop eating when full this way.
  3. I should have ordered something like a taco salad with no meat (or no cheese). This would have been so much healthier.
  4. I should have swapped dessert at the restaurant for some strawberries and whipped cream at home.

Well, next time I promise I will do better. But I am proud that I didn’t let this set-back discourage me. I got back on track and even still loss half a pound for the week!

We all have our moments. I would like to hear from you on how you fight the temptation and make healthy choices when dining out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair