The 5k Hustle

So today I was perusing some of the events coming up on my calendar. I get to August and I see that I'm supposed to be doing a 5k that first Saturday*!!! It totally slipped my mind! Which means I have NOT been training for it :( "Hhm, AM why are you doing a 5k?", you ask. Well let me rewind my story a bit.

When I first started working out, I knew I had to have some goal to work towards (besides being healthy and losing weight). So I decided that I would do a 5k mid or end of Summer. This was ingenious because I wouldn't want to go out there and be embarrassed because I wasn't fit enough to finish! Great! But then I forgot about it. I have still been working out but it's been more about cardio in short bursts then endurance.

The question is: Am I still going to participate in the 5k?
The answer: Heck yeah!

Side note: I, at some point, will have to buy some running shoes. 

So after I figured all this out, I decided to see what I can do now. If all my math is correct (fingers crossed), at my current rate, I could do a 5k in about an hour. The problem: I could only keep that pace for about 30 minutes. So my two goals: Complete the 5k in under an hour. (Also want to jog part of it!)

*The 5k will be in the evening.

I will keep you all updated. In the meantime, if you have any walking/jogging/running shoes/5k training tips for me, please share them below. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair