Review: Hemalayaa Bollywood Booty Workout DVD

I bought this DVD in a multi-pack, that included some more of Hemalayaa's workout, about a year ago. I have tried the other two DVD workouts (once!) but never this one… Until now! I used to have a horrible habit of buying workout videos and then half-way through: I am on the couch watching the people on the screen finish the workout. I am very pleased to say that I actually finished this one! It has an option to complete the mini workouts separately but in the end I just kept going. It was that much fun!!! Afterwards, I was like there is no way that this workout was 45 minutes.

This Bollywood- inspired dance workout was a mixture of bhangra and belly dance. But with of its bouncing around it is somehow remains a low-impact workout (there one move where there is hopping involved but Hemalayaa insists several times not to do this move if you have knee problems). I wore my coin (hip) scarf to get into the mind-frame of a Bollywood Workout Princess.  Wearing the scarf, helps me to keep in time with the steps.

I definitely worked up a sweat mimicking the flirty fun moves (including the "Butt Monster" and the Swan). After the workout, my knees felt like they had just had a good massage (from the plies and lunges). The next day, my lats (the muscles under that stubborn back fat) and my arms were a little sore but that was all. I will definitely will be doing this energetic and entertaining workout again soon. 

Are you a workout DVD fan? If so, tell me which one is your fave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair