Dieting on Vaca Tips

Diets are definitely one of those things that I normally just don’t bother with because they can be so troublesome; especially when you are always on the go, like me. However this fall, I decided to do the Elimination Diet to see if I had any food allergies or chemical sensitivities. Once I started, I realized that it would overlap with a girls' getaway weekend I had scheduled. At first I was apprehensive but I was able to make a success of the weekend and stay on target. Here is how:

1.)    Plan Ahead:
With your diet restrictions in mind, form a game plan for your vacation. You can decide ahead of time look up the menus online of the restaurant you have reservations for, plan for one of your outings to be stopping by the local farmer’s market, and/or set up a meal plan (for those times when healthy options will not be available).

2.)    Brown Bag It:
If your traveling group likes to be spontaneous, you’re trying to be frugal or you’ll be in an area with limited food choices, packing your own food might be the best bet.  All you need is a grocery run, some Ziploc bags, Tupperware containers, a cooler with ice and some extra preparation time.

3.)    Compromise:
No matter how much you plan and prepare, the unexpected may happen, whether it be a change in dinner plans or you run out of food. But there is no need to panic. If all else fails, you can make tiny diet compromises for the sake of the trip and your traveling companions’ nerves. Because it really is better to cheat every once in a little while than give up completely.
 

While dieting is a pain, it’s one of those pains that pays-off in the long run, like exercise. So it’s good to work with your situation the best you can and never give up.

I'd love to hear some tips from you about sticking to a diet or dietary restrictions. Please comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair