Elimination Diet - Update

have been adding food items back into my diet for two weeks now. So far, this is what I have figured out:

Elimination Foods I Shouldn't Eat:


  • Dairy products (Lactose-intolerance)
  • Gluten (Fibromyalgia & Digestive)
  • Sesame oil - before bed (Digestive)
  • Squash (Fibromyalgia)
  • Peppers (Fibromyalgia & Digestive)
  • Tomatoes (Digestive)
  • Caffeine (Digestive)
  • Soda*
  • White rice*
  • White potatoes (Fibromyalgia)
  • Butter and Margarine*
  • Processed oils*
  • Canned vegetables*
  • Pork*
  • Cold cuts*
  • Products with huge amounts of:
    • Refined sugar*
    • Artificial sugar*
    • Lactose (Lactose-intolerance)
    • Soy (Hypothyroidism)
   
*Items I have just chosen to permanently eliminate from diet for other reasons.

Elimination Foods I Can Eat:


  • Shellfish
  • Beef
  • Bananas (occasionally)
  • Corn
  • Pineapple
  • Greek yogurt (occasionally)
Whew! No wonder I am losing weight quicker. I've cut out a lot but I am still experimenting with some foods. I will keep y'all updated : )

Comments

  1. I need to come live with you so you can help me do the same. :( One day when I have enough money I want to take you grocery shopping with me so you can show me what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating healthy can be challenging at first especially if you are on a budget. But the good news is it gets easier. Keep up the good work! Check out these posts for some advice:
    http://artistmadridnaturally.blogspot.com/2013/10/dieting-on-vacation.html
    http://artistmadridnaturally.blogspot.com/2013/03/budget-vs-eating-healthy-cont.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair