Argentina- Entry 1

 And I Am On My Way (Day 1)

January 7, 2014

My first flight left from Columbia, SC at 5am this morning. It was 19 degrees outside. My second flight left from Charlotte, NC where it was a mere 8 degrees. My final destination for the day was New York City. My uncle was waiting outside the airport in the van to pick me up. As the sliding doors opened, I was assaulted by a gust of artic wind. I had four layers on (including my "Alaska coat") and I was still freezing. I had to take my glove off for a second to answer my uncle's phone call and my hand nearly froze off. I am not exaggerating, it completely went numb. Come to find out the temperature was 4 degrees!!! 


I'm staying the night with  my aunt and uncle and tomorrow we all head to Argentina. I can't wait to meet the friends I'll be working with. Also, I will be glad to be able to complain about the heat vs the cold :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair