Argentina- Entry 7





 Ministry, Meeting and the Feria (Day 6)

January 15, 2014

I went out in field service with the English group with my aunt and uncle Sunday morning. Compared with the night before the streets seemed abandoned. We did census work (going to different apartment buildings looking for English-speaking people). This was my first time doing walking-territory in Argentina. I worked with Telma. She was able to give plenty of insight on Rosario: the weather, English territory, the government and her job.

After service, I went back to the hotel to finish preparing for the Chinese Watchtower study. I got so nervous again. I get nervous before every meeting and every time I prepare to go in service. I want to do well and not because I don't want to embarrass myself. I want to actually be of some assistance, not just "shadow" the friends here. A brother gave the Public Talk in Spanish and Evan translated it into Chinese. Then Evan conducted the Watchtower Study. His Chinese is excellent. Everyone did so well with their comments. One of Suny's Bible students Lihua comes to the Sunday meetings regularly with her three year old daughter Lucy. She had her Watchtower prepared and gave several comments. After the meeting, I was able to pass out the earrings that Norma had made for the sisters in the group. We ate cake (yes, I had a little piece) that a sister in the group baked and drank mate. Maté is a hot sweet drink that tastes like a combination of coffee and tea. At first, I was afraid to try it but I'm glad I did in the end. I really liked it. 


Next, the whole Chinese group (including Lihua and her daughter) took me to a feria (like a flea market) in one of the parks. Why? Because I had mentioned earlier in the week that I needed to pick up some souvenirs. They are all so giving and loving. I will miss them so much when I leave Rosario. How will I make it through the rest of this trip? I will be missing my family and friends at home And my new friends in Rosario. I would try to stay longer in Rosario and then catch up with my aunt and uncle in Buenos Aires a little later but the friends in Rosario Chinese group will be heading to their Spanish Circuit Assembly this coming weekend :( 


When I got back to the hotel that evening, we were all hungry. So Aunt Sharon and Uncle Jay and I took a cab to Rio Parana where there is an assortment of nice restaurants. It is much cheaper to get a nice meal here. And the food is so good. I split a grilled Pacu fish with my aunt. It was good to sit down and have a meal, just the three of us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair