Argentina- Entry 10



 Ciao, Zaijian, Goodbye Rosario (Day 9)

January 20, 2014

I have dreaded writing this entry for a few days now ( which is part of the reason I'm so far behind). 


Wednesday was my last full day in Rosario. I have to say goodbye to its bustling streets and laid-back atmosphere. I have to say goodbye to my new friends and favorite spots...And its difficult. 

My aunt, uncle and I had lunch with a family from the English group. Oscar is British and his wife Marianna is Argentine. At home they only speak English to their three children and the children respond in Spanish. Did I mention that are learning Italian in school? Amazing! We had a good time getting to know their family as well as two other sisters that were invited over. I must say it was the longest lunch I've had in my entire life but I enjoyed every minute of it.

That evening, I had field service plans with Valeria and Diego. Sadly, they had to cancel due to illness. I was afraid I wouldn't get the chance to see any of the Chinese group before I left for Buenos Aires but of course the group made sure they got to see me one last time. Suny, Jesy, Agos and Mano came by the hotel for me. Before we left, they got to meet members of my Chinese group in Columbia through Skype. Then, we met up with Marilina, Vivanna, Evan and Agos & Manos' dad. At dinner, Evan shared the wonderful news that he would be soon leaving to help the Cordoba Chinese pre-group for awhile. For dessert, we went for ice cream and played a version of the game Taboo right there in the ice cream shop. We played the game in Spanish and Chinese...And I was thrilled that I was able to follow along and participate. At 1 pm, it was time to say the goodbyes on the still bustling streets of Rosario. At this point I would have been crying like a baby if it weren't for the silly antics of the group. They danced around me in a circle while singing She's A Jolly Good 'Friend' in Chinese. And then we had a group hug and took endless pictures. We said goodbye the Argentine way: with kisses on the cheek. 

The Rosario Chinese group will always have a place in my heart. I miss them dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair