Argentina- Entry 5



 Preach the Word (Day 4)

January 12, 2014

First of all, I want to apologize for being a little behind with my entries. I will try to catch up tomorrow (Free-Day!!!). On Friday, Alexis, Caro, and Darrio took me sight-seeing. We went to the  Argentine National Monument of the Flag. I learned a lot about the history of Argentina and got some great aerial shots of Rosario :) It was located next to the Rio Parana, which separates the city of Rosario from the closest province on that side. It is the second longest river in South America. The people of Argentina are very proud of this landmark. At lunch time, we by the river. I had grilled Pacu fish. It was a river fish that came from the Rio Parana. It was the size of my head but it was so delicious that I ate the whole thing lol. 


Now to the best part of the day: the ministry :) A sister named Marilina car to pick me up from the hotel. She spoke no English but we were able to communicate alright in Chinese and Spanish. She told me that she had been learning Chinese for about as long as I have. And just like me she stopped for a period of time until the Chinese group was formed. She told me that Rosario and the surrounding territories had a need for Bible teachers who spoke Chinese. Buenos Aires has many Chinese groups and congregations, so many people go there help in the Chinese ministry but there is also a large need in Rosario. I ended up being in the car group with Suny, Jesy, Agos and Mano (they are all young people in the Chinese group). I had a wonderful time getting to know them, even though they also spoke very little English. I talked on the phone with Anahi from Cordoba. She is a sister who is working on her third language: Chinese. They are working hard to get a Chinese group started there as well. Presently, there are 2 Chinese congregations and 6 groups in Argentina. They is definitely a need here.


I love the way they preach to the Chinese people. In the US, a lot of Chinese people work at restaurants and we wait until they are not busy to talk to them. Here Chinese people own or work at supermercados (they are like mini marts). Instead of waiting for a lull in business, the friends will help bag groceries while talking to the cashier. We met one Chinese lady that was Jidutu (a Christian) but did not attend a church. We invited her to the Chinese meeting. When she asked why we were learning Chinese, Manos explained that we want to help Chinese people understand the Bible. Then I was able to read to her Matthew 10:7 in Chinese characters or Hanzi (my first memorized scripture in Chinese) and explain that this was Jesus command to his disciples. She was so nice maybe I can return to her before I leave Rosario. I had a wonderful time in the ministry (campo in Spanish). I keep looking around and saying to myself: "Wow! This looks like a photo from our Yearbook! And I am really here!"


I thank Jehovah for allowing me the wonderful opportunity of being here, serving with His people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B Belly Confessions

The Meaning of LeLola

Creating Beauty from the Ashes of Despair